Department of Public Works
Print this page.
What's Here
Fire Hydrants

Water Issues

Report Water Problems, Leaks or Water Main Breaks

Complaints or requests must be reported to Baltimore City. Baltimore City is responsible for the water service in Baltimore County. They provide all water service to the Metropolitan District including Baltimore County.

To report water main breaks or leaks, use their online form or call 410-396-5352.

Baltimore City residents can call 311.

Water Bills

Have a problem with your water bill? Want to pay your water bill? Call Baltimore City at 410-396-5398 or use the following online links.

Basement Water Seepage

Basement water seepage problems are private property issues that can cause a homeowner much time, money and frustration. View our fact sheet (PDF) for information on possible causes and solutions you can use.

Water Saving Tips for Homeowners

Provided by:  Maryland Department of the Environment - (MDE)

Do you know how much water you use every day? You'd be surprised! Before you can start saving water, you have to know how much you're using doing common, everyday activities. Each of us uses 50 gallons of water each day. Learn how to save with these water conservation tips, and additional information on the following:

Water Saving Tips for Commercial Businesses

Provided by: Maryland Department of the Environment - (MDE)

Fire Hydrant Use

The use of fire hydrants is restricted to those who have obtained a permits only. Special water meters are issued to commercial users. See the Bureau of Utilities, Fire Hydrant Program for  details and permit application form. You may also download a sample of the Fire Hydrant Connection Permit (PDF) form.

Revised January 17, 2014

Was This Page Helpful?
Fields marked with * are required.
Page Rating*