Pipeline Maintenance Division
This Division is made up of three groups with specific duties. These groups consist of:
Emergency Sewer Service Group
- Seven days per week operation from 6:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Relieves house sewer connection stoppages.
- Mops basements when main overflows.
- Locates clean-outs.
- Opens mainline stoppages at night.
- Marks 14 inch diameter pipelines and larger force mains for Miss Utility.
- Investigates complaints.
- Provides immediate response to investigate dangerous or potentially dangerous conditions and to make the situation safe until corrective action can be taken.
Telejet Maintenance Group
- Seven days per week operation from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Inspect sanitary sewer mains, storm drains and house connections by closed circuit television.
- Perform inspections to determine if there are any breaks or discrepancies in the lines.
- Clean and remove debris from sanitary sewers, pipelines and manholes.
- Dig test pits.
- Assist Fire Department with emergency rescue (cave-ins).
- Responsible for opening and cleaning mainline stoppages during the day.
- Perform spot repairs to sanitary sewers.
- Manages Fats, Oil, and Grease (FOG) program.
Inflow and Inspection Group
- Perform inspections for acceptance of newly constructed sewer and storm drains.
- Perform fog and dye tests on storm and sewer drains.
- Clean storm drains and stormceptors.
- Investigate complaints concerning storm drain and sewers.
- Repair leaking joints by installing internal bands on large drainage storm drainpipes.
- Perform small repairs on storm drain system.
- Set up metering to calculate flow for Inflow & Infiltration studies.
Have a problem? Want to file a complaint? Use our Contact form.
Revised January 10, 2014