- Monitor the highway system for points of hazard and congestion.
- Conduct appropriate engineering studies to identify probably causes.
- Develop strategies to remedy safety hazards and congestion problems, and implement counter measures.
- Design, schedule and implement traffic engineering improvements.
- Solicit support from other agencies for problems requiring a more comprehensive solution.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests for traffic engineering assistance.
- Initiate and maintain records of all County traffic regulations.
- Manage the County's Street Light Program, both along the existing road network and for new subdivisions.
- Review engineering plans for County infrastructure improvement to assess impacts and consider traffic needs.
- Develop detours and traffic control needs for work zones and special events.
- Determine traffic control device needs for new developments.
- Manage County or jointly administer parking programs; Residential Permit Parking, Reserved Handicap Parking, and Fire Lane restrictions.
Revised March 28, 2012