Residential Refuse Disposal Authorization Request
Please review our refuse disposal authorization page before proceeding, to learn if an authorization would be required in your specific situation.
Prior to applying for a disposal authorization, please verify that:
- You are the owner of the property where the material is being generated
- The property is your primary residence (rentals are considered commercial)
- You are disposing of this material yourself (i.e., not paying someone else to do it for you)
If the above conditions are met, you may email the following information to email@example.com:
- Resident’s name
- Resident’s address
- Resident’s phone number(s)
- Reason for the disposal authorization request
- Type of material being disposed of (building materials, household materials, yard materials)
- Description of vehicle being used to transport material, including year/make/model, color, any commercial markings (if applicable), and trailer size (if applicable)
- Name of the driver (if other than the applicant) who will be transporting the material, as well as the driver’s relationship to the applicant
After the Bureau receives this information, an on-site inspection of the materials may need to be performed by a collection supervisor before authorization is granted or denied. Submitting an application does not guarantee that an authorization will be granted. It may take up to 14 business days for an authorization request to be processed.
Residents may also call 410-887-2000 with the above information to apply over the phone.
Revised September 27, 2013