Ten Year Plan Development
In accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Environment Article Section 9-503, the Baltimore County Department of Public Works is developing a new Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan to cover the 2019 through 2028 period.
As part of the Plan development process, a County Executive-appointed Solid Waste Management Citizens Review Committee ("Committee") has been formed to provide input and recommendations to the County regarding the content of the new Plan.
The next meeting of the Committee will be held on Monday, December 12 at 7 p.m. in the Executive Conference Room at 400 Washington Avenue in Towson. Citizens may attend and observe this open meeting, though there will not be an opportunity for public participation. The County prefers that any citizens wishing to attend call the Bureau of Solid Waste Management at 410-887-2000 by Wednesday, December 7. Minutes from this meeting will be available within a reasonable time after the meeting date, and will be posted on the County website.
December 12 Meeting Agenda
- Discussion of Solid Waste Management Citizens Review Committee Tours of Central Acceptance Facility and Eastern Sanitary Landfill on December 10, 2016
- Update Regarding November 2016 Telephone Survey of 223 County Residents
- Discussion of Draft Executive Summary of 2019 through 2028 Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan
- Discussion of Solid Waste Management Citizens Review Committee Future Plans
Past Meeting Minutes
- Minutes from the November 14, 2016 meeting (PDF)
Public Participation Meetings
The Plan development process will include several opportunities for public input, including public discussion meetings around the County, as well as a public hearing. The dates, times and locations of these future meetings will be posted on the County website as they are scheduled.
Revised November 29, 2016