Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan
Notice: The Baltimore County Department of Public Works is developing a new Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan to cover the 2019 through 2028 period. In order to solicit input from the community regarding the content of this Plan, four public discussion meetings have been scheduled at Baltimore County Public Library branches around the County. Additional information about these meetings, including a draft Executive Summary of the new Plan (PDF), is available on the County website.
Development of 2009 through 2018 Plan
A lengthy and extensive public participation process (including a telephone survey in 2006 of 223 County residents, four public discussion meetings around the County and a public hearing) preceded the submission of Baltimore County's Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan to the County Council in 2008. The record of this public participation process is available for review. For more information, please contact the Bureau of Solid Waste Management in writing at the address below.
111 West Chesapeake Avenue, Room 225
Attention: Anne Marshall
Towson, Maryland 21204
On December 1, 2008, the County Council unanimously approved the Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan for Baltimore County. Subsequently, the County submitted the Plan to the Maryland Department of the Environment for review. The Maryland Department of the Environment gave final approval to the Plan on April 3, 2009.
2009 through 2018 Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan
The Executive Summary, five Plan chapters and appendices are listed below:
- Executive Summary (PDF) – Summary of the five chapters in the Plan
- Chapter One (PDF) – Goals, Organizations and Regulations
- Chapter Two (PDF) – Population, Zoning and Land Use
- Chapter Three (PDF) – Solid Waste Generation, Import and Export, Collection and Acceptance Facilities
- Chapter Four (PDF) – Assessment of Existing Solid Waste Management System
- Chapter Five (PDF) – Plan of Action
- Appendices (PDF) – Plan Appendices