Vermicomposting offers County residents a beneficial and legal way to dispose of food scraps, help the environment, and create a valuable byproduct for use in gardens and houseplants.
What is Vermicomposting?
Vermicomposting is the use of worms to turn food scraps into a nutrient-rich form of compost. It may sound like a lot of work, but once you get your worm bin set up, the worms will do all the work!
Follow these six easy steps to a fresh batch of vermicompost:
- Choosing a Space to Rent - Your New Worm Bin!
- Furnishing Your Worm Bin - Decorate With Bedding!
- Bringing The Tenants - Your New Worms!
- Planning The Menu - What Will Your Worms Eat?
- Collecting The Rent - Worms Pay In Black Gold!
- Spending Your "Gold" Wisely - Uses For Vermicompost!
Revised January 30, 2013