Recycling and Waste Prevention
The Recycling Division is responsible for promoting recycling and waste prevention (reduction and reuse). Baltimore County's only active landfill, Eastern Sanitary Landfill, is already half full. We can preserve the life of the County's landfill by reducing our waste and recycling as much as possible.
Single Stream Recycling Collection
- Learn what items are accepted for recycling in the single stream program.
- Find information about "curbside" recycling collection, including collection schedules, set-out rules, and troubleshooting assistance (residents of apartments and condominiums should contact their property manager directly for recycling set-out instructions).
- Find answers to frequently asked questions about the single stream program.
Recycling at Drop-Off Facilities
- Find directions and hours for the County's three drop-off facilities.
- Download a list of common materials (PDF) that are accepted for recycling or disposal at the County's drop-off facilities.
- Learn about household hazardous waste (HHW) recycling and disposal from the Department of Environmental Protection and Sustainability.
- Find out how to donate building materials to The Loading Dock's "Donate, Don't Dump" program.
- View details about the County's electronics recycling program.
Reduce and Reuse
Learn More or Get Involved
- View publications about recycling, composting, reuse, and the County's collection program.
- Sign up to receive The REsource monthly e-newsletter, in addition to other occasional Bureau updates.
- Read facts and statistics about recycling.
- View a list of recycling-related links.
- Find recycling information and activities for kids.
- Learn about the Bureau's internship program.
- View the Bureau's Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan.
Revised May 1, 2015