Department of Public Works
Edward C. Adams Jr., Director
County Office Building
111 W. Chesapeake Avenue, Suite 307
Towson, Maryland 21204
- Flood Insurance Map Information
- Basic Services Maps and Master Plan Amendments - View the reports and maps on sewerage, water supply and transportation.
- Water and Sewer Availability
- Metropolitan District Financing and Petitions
Computes, processes and bills Metropolitan charges such as water and sewer benefit, sewer services, water distribution charges, etc.
- Utilities: Sewer Emergencies - call 410-887-7415.
- Maintains and repairs sanitary sewer pipeline; sewage pumping stations
- Administers Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) program
- Permitting and monitoring of industrial and commercial wastewater discharge
- Highways and Equipment Maintenance
- Performs snow removal
- Road resurfacing
- Pot hole repair
- Roadside mowing and tree maintenance
- Storm debris removal
- Street sweeping
- Driveway access and concrete replacement
- Curb, gutter and sidewalk repair and replacement
- Coordinates Emergency Management and Homeland Security with other agencies
- Manages the Safety and Training program
- Provides maintenance and repair of county equipment, large trucks, heavy equipment, fire apparatus, etc.
- Solid Waste Management
- Coordinates and oversees Collection Connection for trash and Single Stream recycling
- Oversees disposal of County's trash and recycling
- Promotes recycling
- Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning
- Installs and maintains traffic signals; traffic signs; traffic calming program
- Performs and coordinates line painting on county roads
- Ensures safe and efficient operation of County's highway system
- Plans for anticipated transportation needs
- Engineering and Construction
- Designs County infrastructure
- Administers prequalification and selection of engineers and contractors; bridge inspections
- Administers construction contract bidding, processing and inspection for:
- public roads
- water lines
- storm drains
- shoreline protection
- dredging and parks
- property surveys
- City and County project coordination
Warren Road Public Meeting
Baltimore County held a public meeting on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 to answer questions about the proposed improvements along Warren Road between Abbey Road and Bosley Road. The project will improve roadway safety and traffic operations, and include road widening, curb and gutter, drainage improvements, sidewalks and street lights. For more information, call Rahee Famili of the Highway Design Section at 410-887-3739 or email at email@example.com.
Other Items of Interest
- Road Closures - View information on roads closed due to repairs, maintenance, flooding, emergencies, etc.
- Engineering Projects - View a list of current engineering projects.
- Fullerton Reservoir - Find out about the project scope and related issues.
- Water Issues - Call Baltimore City for water main breaks, information on water bills, and find out about water saving tips, fire hydrants, etc.
- Directory of Services - An alphabetical listing of county services
- Consent Decree (PDF) - Sanitary Sewer System - Brought forth by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) against Baltimore County, after three years of negotiations has an effective "Date of Entry" of September 20, 2005. The Consent Decree outlines the agreed upon work (capital, equipment and operations improvements over multiple years) with deadlines necessary for compliance with the Clean Water Act and the Maryland water pollution control laws with the goal of eliminating sanitary sewer overflows. Consent Decree Appendix (PDF)
Revised January 22, 2015