The Survey Control application is an interactive map that allows you to access specific information about Baltimore County Control points.
- You don't need to create an account to search for Survey Control in Baltimore County.
- An account is required if you'd like to submit recovery information about existing control for further review by the Baltimore County Department of Public Works.
Review the Survey Control User Guide (PDF) for a tutorial on the application.
Upon first visit to the application, you will be directed to download a one-time, free Silverlight plugin directly from Microsoft. Apple OS X users must manually download the Silverlight plug-in.
The application may load slowly upon first visit. Loading time will decrease during subsequent visits.
- Survey Control requires the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in. An install link is provided for first time users. Apple OS X users must manually download the Silverlight plug-in.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled for Survey Control to function properly. Refer to your browser's support on how to check and update this feature.
- High-speed internet connections are recommended for best results.
- Survey Control has been tested using Internet Explorer 8.0 and Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3.
User Terms and Conditions Summary
Baltimore County adopted the Maryland Coordinate System, North America Datum of 1983 and the North America Datum of 1988 as its standard horizontal and vertical datum starting July 1, 1999. Prior to this date Baltimore County Metropolitan District grid system (horizontal) and Baltimore County Datum (vertical) were used for thousand of plats and surveys throughout Baltimore County.
Both systems of survey controls are being made available from this site to assist users with all surveys performed in Baltimore County. Users of this data must check the County code, policy and with appropriate agencies to verify the correct datum(s) are to be used on current and future projects requiring Baltimore County approvals.
For more information email email@example.com or call 410-887-3540.
Revised May 9, 2016