Skip Navigation
Department of Public Works
Print this page.

Highways Design Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is my road going to be widened or resurfaced?

A. The Highway Design Section at 410-887-3739, provides information involving any proposed road widening. The Bureau of Highways at 410-887-3560 provides information involving resurfacing of existing roadways.

Back to top

Q. Are there any proposed roads to be constructed in my area?

A. We can provide this information for public projects by calling 410-887-3739, however, numerous road improvement projects are associated with development projects, please call Development Plans Review at 410-887-3751 for these projects.

Back to top

Q. When will a project be completed?

A. The Highway Design Section at 410-887-3739, provides dates as to the estimated construction date. After a project is under construction, Construction Contracts Administration at 410-887-3531, controls the construction schedule.

Back to top

Q. I am interested in starting a petition to have my road improved with curb and gutter, who should I call?

A. The Highway Design Section can help you at 410-887-3732.

Back to top

Revised July 30, 2013

Was This Page Helpful?
Fields marked with * are required.
Page Rating*