More Information on Child Safety Seats...
A wealth of information exists on child safety seats. Check out the following online resources for the answers to your questions about this important safety topic:
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
NHTSA writes the curriculum used to train certified car seat technicians and is the leading voice nationally on the topic of child passenger safety.
- The National SAFE KIDS Campaign
This is the only non-profit agency dedicated to the prevention of accidental childhood injury. The site features a wealth of child safety information, including information on child safety seats.
- Maryland Kids in Safety Seats
KISS, housed in the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, is the state's lead agency on child passenger safety.
- The Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS)
This site includes a variety of links and resources relating to child passenger safety in Maryland.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
This site offers in-depth information about selecting and using the most appropriate car safety seats for growing children.
- Safety Belt Safe USA (PDF)
This article focuses on the length of time children should ride rear facing.
Referrals to Other Organizations
You may also wish to contact one of the other public agencies or private organizations that provide car seat service. Some providers charge a fee.
- Baltimore County Police Department, Stacia Smith, call 410-887-8717
- Harford County Bel Air Police Department, 410-638-4510
- Maryland Safe Kids Association, Debbie Baer, call 410-653-1979 ($15 charge)
- Kids in Safety Seats, call 1-800-370-SEAT
- Carroll County Health Department, call 410-876-4448
- UMBC Police, Catonsville, call 410-455-3136
- Cato Whittle, call 443-865-3859
Revised August 25, 2014
Revised April 6, 2016