The Baltimore County Police Department offers helpful safety tips designed to protect you from becoming a crime victim.
Remember, you can help make your neighborhood safer. If you know about a crime that has happened, or that you believe could happen, report the information through our iWatch Baltimore County neighborhood awareness program. Report crimes in progress by calling 911.
- Home and Vehicular Crimes – Here are sensible precautions to help prevent home and vehicular break-ins.
- Crime Prevention for People with Disabilities – People with physical disabilities should follow these tips.
- Identity Theft – Find out how to prevent these increasingly common crimes.
- Residential Security – Learn how to protect your home.
- Leaving Your Vehicle Running Unattended is Illegal – Find out the fines and points that drivers face if their car is left running unattended.
- Child Safety Seats – Use our child safety seat guide to help you find the right seat for your child.
- School Safety – Get to know safety on and around school buses.
- Holiday Safety – Be mindful of crime prevention when out shopping.
- Speed Cameras – Baltimore County uses electronic speed enforcement to reduce speeding in neighborhoods.
- All-Terrain Vehicles – Learn laws and safety tips regarding ATVs.
- Gun Safety – Stop gun violence on your street.
Violence and Abuse
- Facts About Child Abuse – Learn some invaluable facts about child abuse.
- Family Violence – Learn to recognize the signs of family violence.
- Workplace Violence – Learn to recognize the signs of someone in crisis.
- Domestic Violence – Learn to recognize the signs of domestic violence.
- Maryland Watch Your Car Program – Get further information related to this nationally known program.
- Counseling Team – The counseling team offers a variety of services for youth and their families.
- iWatch – Review crime tips and information for the Business Community.
- What To Do If You Are Stopped By a Police Officer