Police Mountain Bike Training Program
The Baltimore County Police Department utilizes police mountain bikes for patrol settings that are difficult to navigate by patrol car. Bike patrols are used for festivals, public events and patrol along the Northern Central Railroad trail and Lake Roland, to name but a few locations.
The course includes classroom instruction and practical exercises through a demanding coned course at the Maryland State Fairgrounds. The final day includes an extended ride through northern Baltimore County.
Date: To be announced
Time: To be announced
Location: To be announced
- You must be able to ride a bicycle – this course is an advanced maneuver program and does not provide basic bicycle operation.
- You must bring an operating police mountain bicycle.
- You must bring a bicycle helmet and eye protection (gloves are optional).
- You must be in average physical condition.
- This is an advanced course that involves precision skills maneuvering, complex performance ability and endurance.
- The course includes long rides (a 15-mile ride and a 27-mile ride), defensive tactics, off road terrain and descending stairs.
Contact Sergeant Jeff Dellman for class opportunities at 410-887-5644 or by email at email@example.com
Revised January 11, 2016