Association of Baltimore County Retired Police
News and Information
2014 Baltimore County Police Sunshine Reunion
The 2014 Baltimore County Police Sunshine Reunion is planned for the weekend of Friday, January 31 and Saturday, February 1 in Port Orange, Florida (Daytona Beach Area).
On Friday night January 31, we will have dinner at Caribbean Jacks restaurant on the intercoastal waterway in Daytona Beach.
Golfing is planned for Saturday morning, February 1. Email Fred Kestler at email@example.com if you plan to golf, he will reserve the tee times.
Saturday, February 1, from 3 to 7 p.m. we will gather at the Country Inn and Suites for refreshments and dinner catered by the Texas Roadhouse restaurant.
Anyone interested in attending should contact Charlie Norris by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the event(s) you plan to attend and the number of guests so we can give an accurate count to the restaurants.
If you need a place to stay, hotel accommodations are available at the Country Inn and Suites, 5802 Journey’s End Way, Port Orange, Florida 32127 at the special group rates below:
- Standard rooms are $59 plus tax, per night
- Suites are $69 plus tax, per night
Make your reservations directly with the front desk by calling 386-760-0101 and mention the group “Sunshine Reunion” to get these special rates. These rates are good for up to four days before and after the weekend.
Toll-free telephone numbers for members outside of the 410 and 443 area codes:
- Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union - 1-800-234-4730
- Baltimore County Insurance Office - 1-800-274-4302
- Baltimore County Lodge Number 4 - 1-888-313-3501
- Baltimore County Police Department - 1-800-853-5101
- Baltimore County Retirement Office - 1-877-222-3741
- Grand Lodge, F.O.P., National Office - 1-800-451-2711
- Motor Vehicle Certification Program - 1-800-345-0990
(Car Buying Service)
Baltimore County Police retirees are invited to practice at the Police Department Pistol Range on Dulaney Valley Road on open dates designated by Range personnel. Call the Range for availability at 410-887-2330.
- The Association has purchased targets for members to use free of charge when shooting at the Range. They have been delivered to the Range and are available by showing your Association of Baltimore County Retired Police, Inc. membership card.
- You must provide your own ammunition, targets, and show a valid carry permit.
Property Tax Credit - Law Enforcement Officers or Rescue Workers
Baltimore County Council Bill 109-08
On November 3, 2008 the Baltimore County Council unanimously approved a property tax credit for those (Baltimore County) Officers who sustained work related (line of Duty) injuries that forced them to retire on a medical disability pension.
Baltimore County public safety retirees who are disabled because of line of duty injury and are currently residing in Baltimore County are eligible for property tax exemption starting July 2009.
- Applications are available and are provided by the Office of Budget and Finance-Tax Payer Services.
- Inquiries: Baltimore County Office of Budget and Finance - Email: email@example.com or call 410-887-2872.
Applicants can send an email with their name address and telephone number to verify eligibility and a request to be mailed the necessary paper work for the credit.
Note: You do not have to be a member of the Fraternal Order of Police or any other group to take advantage of this tax benefit. This applies to Baltimore County only. Check with your County to see if they offer this benefit.
Revised December 2, 2013