Precinct 2 – Woodlawn
Captain Matthew Gorman
Lieutenant Chad Rosay
News from the Captain
The Woodlawn Precinct has been experiencing an increase in vehicle thefts recently. There are many ways to keep your vehicle safe. Here are a few suggestions.
- Never leave your keys in your vehicle when it's unoccupied. If a thief steals your vehicle with the keys inside, they may have the keys to your home as well as another vehicle.
- Never leave valuables or any packages visible inside your vehicle.
- Park in busy, well-lit areas of parking lots.
- Never leave your vehicle running unattended. Vehicles are commonly stolen when the driver gets out at ATMs, convenience stores and gas stations. Also, many vehicles are stolen on cold mornings when the owner leaves the vehicle running to warm it up. It is against the law to leave a vehicle running unattended. You could face a $70 fine and a one-point violation.
Remember to call 911 if you see anyone attempting to break into a vehicle. Do not intervene. Call 911 and provide as much information about the suspect as possible.
Are you going out of town? Don't leave your home looking unoccupied. Complete a Vacant House Form and email it to the precinct's Community Outreach Team. Officers will then check on your location for any unusual activity while you are away.
If something suspicious does happen at your home, law enforcement will be able to quickly reach you or a local emergency contact from the information provided on the form.
- YCSS -BCOPD Basketball Clinic- Coming in March
- Saturday March 04 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Liberty Family Resource Center
Blotter and Crime Trends
- At 10 55 p.m., a victim was robbed at gunpoint by two suspects while walking to her house. The suspects stole the victim's vehicle along with her purse, a cell phone and cash.Thu, 19 Jan 2017 03:55:00 GMThttp://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct2/january18robberystagneslaneandmasefieldroad21207
- Sometime between 9:15 and 9:27 p.m., two armed suspects robbed a store manager who was making a deposit at the Wells Fargo Bank on Liberty Road. Two night deposit bags containing money were stolen.Thu, 19 Jan 2017 02:15:00 GMThttp://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct2/january18robbery8500blockoflibertyroad21133
- Sometime between 7 a.m. and 5:15 p.m., a door was kicked in to gain entry to the location. A video game system and other miscellaneous items were stolen.Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:00:00 GMThttp://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct2/january18firstdegreeburglary700blockofcharingcrossroad21229
View the Local Blotter for the Woodlawn Precinct for the latest news on crime in your area.
About the Precinct Commander
Captain Gorman is a 16-year veteran of the Baltimore County Police Department. He has worked in a number of assignments at various ranks including the Dundalk, Parkville, White Marsh and Pikesville precincts. More recently he was assigned as the commander of the Regional Auto Theft Task Force and then as commander of the Criminal Intelligence Unit. Captain Gorman was also privileged to be a member of, and later command, the Department’s Dignitary Witness Protection Team.
Captain Gorman counts it an honor to serve the community of the Woodlawn Precinct and looks forward to building lasting partnerships.
Captain Matthew Gorman
6424 Windsor Mill Road
Woodlawn, Maryland 21207
Map This Location
Main Phone: 410-887-1340
Captain Matthew Gorman, Commanding Officer
Lieutenant Chad Rosay, Assistant Commander
Citizens On Patrol (COP)
Community Outreach Team
Domestic Violence Coordinator
Juvenile Offenders In Need of Supervision (JOINS)
Police Community Relations Council (PCRC)
School Resource Officers (SRO)