- What does the Department do?
- How can I find out what is happening in my community?
- Where and when does the Planning Board meet?
A. The Department:
- Prepares a countywide Master Plan and detailed community plans
- Makes recommendations on zoning and development issues
- Prepares capital budget and program recommendations
- Serves as staff to the Planning Board, Landmarks Preservation Commission, and Design Review Panel
- Legislative analysis
- Community planning
- Demographic analysis
A. Subscribe to the Community Update bi-monthly newsletter to receive notification of meetings and upcoming events. You may also call your community planner at 410-887-3480, or contact them at the email addresses listed below:
1st District: Dennis Wertz (email@example.com)
Arbutus, Baltimore Highlands, Catonsville, English Consul, Lansdowne, Violetville, Patapsco Granite South
2nd District: Diana Itter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Garrison Forest, Greenspring Avenue, Pikesville, Reisterstown, Ruxton
3rd District: Jessie Bialek (email@example.com)
Cockeysville, Cub Hill, Glen Arm, Glyndon, Hereford, Hunt Valley, Jacksonville, Kingsville, Lutherville, Phoenix, Reisterstown, Sparks, Timonium
4th District: Vacant
Liberty Road, Lochearn, Owings Mills, Patapsco Granite North, Randallstown, Reisterstown, Woodlawn
5th District: Donnell Zeigler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Drumcastle, Honeygo, Loch Raven, Parkville, Perry Hall, Towson
6th District: Laurie Hay (email@example.com)
Back River, Bowleys Quarters, Essex, Middle River, Overlea, White Marsh
7th District: John Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dundalk, Edgemere, Essex, North Point, Rosedale, Sparrows Point
A. Typically, the Planning Board meets on the first and third Thursday of the month at the County Courts Building, 401 Bosley Avenue, Room 407, Towson, Maryland 21204. View the Planning Board meeting schedule for details.
Revised February 20, 2015