The Right-of-Way Manual (PDF) is a document containing samples of all of the various deeds that developers must use to convey property to the county. (For example: Someone has to transfer a drainage and utility easement to the county. The manual contains the standard deed for this conveyance.) A checklist must be completed and submitted with all deed packages (PDF).
***Important: If any of the required items do not accompany your Deed Submittal (PDF) it will be rejected and returned.
Right of Way Manual Drawing Samples
The sample plats are PDF documents and will open in a new window. These are provided to show the standard setup and nomenclatures of an acceptable County Right of Way Plat. There are several types that come in two formats:
- Single Item, a plat showing one area of a type to be granted.
- Multi Item, a plat that has two or more areas of a type to be granted.
*Multi Item plat shows for example; DRAINAGE & UTILITY EASEMENT AREA “A” with the square footage in parenthesis and DRAINAGE & UTILITY EASEMENT AREA “B” with the square footage in parenthesis and the label “DRAINAGE & UTILITY EASEMENT AREA=” in the title block changed to ‘TOTAL DRAINAGE & UTILITY EASEMENT AREA=”.
- Critical Area Easement
- Wetland Mitigation Easement
- 100-year Floodplain Easement (single)
- Total Drainage and Utility (multi)
- Drainage and Utility (single)
- Total Forest Buffer Easement (multi)
- Forest Buffer Easement (single)
- Total Forest Conservation (multi)
- Forest Conservation Easement (single)
- Greenway Reservation (single)
- Highway Widening
- Total Storm-water Management (multi)
- Storm-water Management (single)
Revised May 1, 2012