Amy Grossi, Supervisor
County Office Building
111 West Chesapeake Avenue, Room 112
Towson, Maryland 21204
Real Estate Compliance will only accept deliveries or walk-in project status requests between the hours of 9 and 11 a.m. or between 2 and 3 p.m. Appointments are suggested.
- Requests for information pertaining to County owned lands, rights of way, easements, and so forth will be handled between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Deed packages will be accepted at the counter, by the Records Section personnel. All other mail will be accepted in the legal section.
- Purchase real property for Baltimore County.
- Dispose of real property no longer needed by the county.
- Process road closings (PDF), road openings, petitions, and hearings.
- Maintain the county land inventory.
- Review and approve public deeds and plats.
- Records and research
The property which is purchased or sold may be in fee simple or an easement and right-of-way.
- Title examinations
- Real estate document preparations
- Real Estate negotiations
- Real Estate settlement
- Research: County maintenance or ownership of roads and County ownership of real property or easement rights over non-County property, please call 410-887-3263
- Developers: Information on deed status and Real Estate Compliance closeout, please call 410-887-3253
- Roads: Information on openings and closings, please call 410-887-3269
- Surplus: Procedures to acquire County-owned property or release of County easement, please call 410-887-3269
Negotiations and Appraisals
Performs various types of valuation assignments
- Road improvements
- Public Buildings
Reviews appraisals of independent appraisers to ensure compliance with these standards:
Real Property Negotiations
Personnel acting as County's agents in acquisition of real estate for public projects:
- Road Improvements
- Public Buildings
- Responsible for the relocation of property owners and tenants displaced by these acquisitions
- Reviews development plans prior to Hearing Officer's approval
- Ensures that necessary public improvements are properly conveyed to Baltimore County as part of the close out process
- Real Estate Specialist
- Developer's Deeds
Contract and Property Settlement
Dennis F. Maloney, Esq., Phone: 410-887-3294
Prepares and executes appropriate legal documents:
- Purchase of land
- Hearings held to foreclose the right of the general public to use the road
- Citizens can file a petition to legally extinguish the public's right to a road
The Road Closings Package (PDF) is available for download, or by contacting 410-887-3269.
The Right-of-Way page contains a link to the manual, sample drawings and the checklist of accompanying items necessary to submit Deed Packages.
Transmittal Forms (PDF)
Revised May 9, 2016