Baltimore County Plumbing Board
The Plumbing Board is established by the Baltimore County Code, Section 3-3, to advise the Director of the Department of Permits, Approvals and Inspections regarding the administration of the Plumbers and Gasfitters regulations set forth in Section 21-15 of the Baltimore County Code and to issue and regulate licenses required to practice plumbing and gas fitting in Baltimore County.
- Howard Carter, Master Plumber
- William Witty, Baltimore County Chief Plumbing Inspector
- William Ensor Jr., Department of the Environmental Protection and Sustainability
- Herbert Fishpaw, Journey Plumber
- Leonard "Bud" Shuler, Master Plumber
- John C. Smyth, Master Plumber, Board Chairman
- J. Richard Wagner, PE Engineer
The Buildings Engineer for the Department of Permits and Development, Donald E. Brand, P.E., is responsible for the interpretation and enforcement of county building (PDF), fire, and related codes. He oversees the Plumbing Boards, as well as, the Plumbing Code Committee.
The Plumbing and Gasfitting Code of Baltimore County (PDF) was adopted in Bill 17-13. This bill adopts the 2012 National Standard Plumbing Code.
Revised October 16, 2013