W. Carl Richards Jr., Chief
- Processes all zoning petitions and forms, for example, special exceptions, special hearings and variances, as well as undersized lot applications.
- Schedules the hearings before the Office of Administrative Hearings and public hearings. Also, determines and manages closing dates for administrative variances, special hearings and other required zoning posting procedures.
- Reviews all residential, commercial, and industrial building permits, including site and development plans for compliance with the zoning regulations.
- Reviews and approves all zoning use permits.
- Provides checklists and verifications to assist in the zoning process.
- Answers citizen inquiries and informs and assists the public concerning the interpretation and application of the Baltimore County Zoning Regulations including but not limited to:
- Height, setback and general bulk requirements
- Subdivision density
- Permitted and prohibited uses in specific zoning classifications
To purchase a hard copy of the Baltimore County Zoning Regulations, please visit General Code, LLC or call 1-800-836-8834.
Orders of the Administrative Law Judges (dated January 16, 2011 to present)
Revised May 23, 2014