W. Carl Richards Jr., Chief
The Zoning Review Bureau
- Processes all Zoning Petitions and Forms, i.e., special exceptions, special hearings and variances, as well as undersized lot applications.
- Schedules the hearings before the Office of Administrative Hearings, Public Hearings and determines and manages closing dates for Administrative Variances, Special Hearings and other required Zoning posting procedures.
- Reviews all residential, commercial, and industrial building permits, including site and development plans for compliance with the Zoning Regulations.
- Reviews and approves all zoning Use Permits.
- Provides Checklists and Verifications to assist in the zoning process.
- Answers citizen inquiries and informs and assists the public concerning the interpretation and application of the Baltimore County Zoning Regulations including but not limited to:
- height, setback and general bulk requirements
- subdivision density
- permitted / prohibited uses in specific zoning classifications
- Baltimore County Codes and Zoning Regulations
- Zoning Review Frequently Asked Questions
- Zoning Fee Schedule
- Lot Line Adjustments (LLA)
- Zoning Forms
- Orders of the Administrative Law Judges (dated January 16, 2011 to present)
To purchase a hard copy of the Baltimore County Zoning Regulations, an order form may be obtained from:
The Zoning Review Office
County Office Building, Room 111
111 West Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, Maryland 21204
The General Code Publishers' website, where purchase information can be obtained.
Revised December 11, 2013