Baltimore Gas and Electric Meter Releases
1. Include your Baltimore Gas and Electric Water Meter Serial number (W.M.S.) on your electrical permit in the ‘description of work’ workspace box on your electrical permit application. W.M.S. # may be added to your permit later by calling the inspection office at 410-887-3960.
2. Make sure the electrical permit states the following:
- Exact address including all suite numbers and tenant information.
- Exact amperage for each meter to be released.
- Clearly state if your service change is only “line and/or load” side cable changes if it does not include the panel.
3. The permit is the cut-in certificate that is sent to Baltimore Gas and Electric. Whatever information is written on your permit is the only information that Baltimore Gas and Electric will have to complete your release.
4. A permit is required for each meter release. Multiple meters on the same permit must be ready for release at the same time. Note: Your permit can only be released one time to Baltimore Gas and Electric.
5. At the request of Baltimore Gas and Electric please allow five working days after the electrical inspections was approved before calling Baltimore Gas and Electric.
6. Tell all customers that they should call their contractors to set up the meter installation.
7. If we are to give a verbal or a fax meter release, it will take a minimum of 24 hours to get into Baltimore Gas and Electric’s system.
8. All calls to Baltimore Gas and Electric relating to meter releases should be made to 410-850-4620. You will need your W.M.S.#, electrical permit number and all other job information.
For further information please call 410-887-3960.
Revised June 11, 2012