Workforce Development Council
The Workforce Development Council (WDC) is an industry-led entity that provides policy guidance and oversight for Baltimore County’s workforce development system. In addition to decision makers from companies in the County’s key industry sectors, the WDC includes representatives from educational and service agencies, organized labor and community-based organizations. The WDC ensures that plans and priorities for workforce programs reflect the current and future talent needs of local area employers. It also oversees efforts to create strategic partnerships involving private businesses, public agencies and not-for-profit organizations to advance the workforce readiness of County residents. The WDC serves as the Local Workforce Investment Board (LWIB) for Baltimore County per the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
The Council meetings for 2014 will be held on the following dates:
- January 9 – Baltimore County Workforce Development Center (WDC) at Hunt Valley located at 11101 McCormick Road in Hunt Valley, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
- February 24 – Strategic Planning Retreat at the Sheppard Pratt Conference Center located at Sheppard Pratt Conference Center in Towson, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 10 – WDC at Hunt Valley, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
- June 12 – CCBC Owings Mills located at 10300 Grand Central Avenue in Owings Mills, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
- September 11 – WDC at Hunt Valley, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
- November 13 – WDC at Hunt Valley, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
Note: Dates and locations are subject to change, please check back often.
The Healthcare Committee addresses a wide variety of workforce development issues related to the healthcare industry, which is one of the largest employers in the Baltimore region. In addition, the committee plans and implements activities to increase the talent pool for the healthcare industry. This committee meets monthly at the Workforce Development Center at Hunt Valley.
The Youth Council meets on a regular basis to plan a variety of activities that will serve youth and youth service providers. One of the main activities of the Youth Council is to help provide direction for the Annual Youth Symposium. In addition, the Youth Council provides support for the Summer Youth Employment Program.
Revised May 15, 2014