Workforce Development Council
The Workforce Development Council (WDC) is an industry-led entity that provides policy guidance and oversight for Baltimore County’s workforce development system. In addition to decision makers from companies in the County’s key industry sectors, the WDC includes representatives from educational and service agencies, organized labor and community-based organizations. The WDC ensures that plans and priorities for workforce programs reflect the current and future talent needs of local area employers. It also oversees efforts to create strategic partnerships involving private businesses, public agencies and not-for-profit organizations to advance the workforce readiness of County residents. The WDC serves as the Local Workforce Investment Board (LWIB) for Baltimore County per the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
The Council meetings for 2015 will be held on the following dates:
- February 12 – Sollers Point Technical High School located at 1901 Delvale Avenue in Dundalk.
- 7:30 to 8 a.m. Continental Breakfast and Networking
- 8 to 9:30 a.m. Council Meeting
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Optional tour of the Career and Technical Education Program at Sollers Point Technical High School. For security purposes please RSVP prior to the meeting if interested in attending so that your name can be provided to the school. To RSVP email Carol Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 410-887-3501.
There is parking behind the football stadium in the faculty, staff and student parking lot as well as a few spot marked for visitors near the school's entrance. You may not park in the bus loop.
Enter the building through the culinary cafe which is in the center of a concrete patio surrounded by a black ornate fence. The patio includes six very large concrete patio tables.
- May 14 – Baltimore County Workforce Development Center (WDC) at Hunt Valley located at 11101 McCormick Road in Hunt Valley, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
- September 10 – WDC at Hunt Valley located at 11101 McCormick Road in Hunt Valley, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
- November 19 – WDC at Hunt Valley located at 11101 McCormick Road in Hunt Valley, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
Note: Dates and locations are subject to change, please check back often.
Inclement Weather Policy: If Baltimore County Public Schools are closed or delayed, the meeting will be canceled.
Council Meeting Minutes
The WDC makes its meeting minutes available to the public in PDF format which opens in a new window. The 2014 to 2015 year is available below:
The Healthcare Committee addresses a wide variety of workforce development issues related to the healthcare industry, which is one of the largest employers in the Baltimore region. In addition, the committee plans and implements activities to increase the talent pool for the healthcare industry. This committee meets monthly at the WDC at Hunt Valley.
The Youth Council meets on a regular basis to plan a variety of activities that will serve youth and youth service providers. One of the main activities of the Youth Council is to help provide direction for the Annual Youth Symposium. In addition, the Youth Council provides support for the Summer Youth Employment Program.
Revised June 23, 2015