Professional Development Seminars
To register for any of the Professional Development Seminars below, you must be registered with a Baltimore County Workforce Development Center and enrolled in the Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE). In order to take full advantage of the Seminars, you must meet the Seminars' prerequisite(s) listed below before registering. To register for the next available Seminar, contact the Workforce Development Center nearest you.
Computer Essentials for the Job Search Process - PCP 489
- Find out how to launch a browser and e-mail your résumé
- Learn to use basic formatting techniques to center, bold and underline your résumé
- Learn how to copy and paste from Microsoft Word to an electronic job site
- Become skilled at saving your resume to different storage devices
Mathematics Skills Survey and Review (3 Days) - ADS 745
(Not available at the Workforce Development Center at Hunt Valley)
- Receive decimal, percent and fraction review and practice
- Practice solving word problems
- Learn tips and tricks to save time during employment testing
- Receive one-on-one help from a CCBC instructor
- Take home practice sheets
Writing a Winning Résumé - WLT 258
Building the Foundation - Part I
- Communicate your skills with confidence
- Recognize the skills employers seeks
- Highlight your transferable skills
The Finished Product - Part II
- Explore options for résumé elements and formats
- Learn how to maximize references to your advantage
- Identify how to best address gaps in your employment history
- Have your résumé critiqued by a skilled professional
Job Search, Interviewing and Social Media Fundamentals - PDV 213
- Learn the importance of creating a job search strategy
- Learn how to prepare for the interview
- Get answers to some frequently asked interview questions
- Explore how to effectively incorporate social media into your job search
Federal Job Search Guidelines - PDV 210
- Gain an understanding of the federal hiring process
- Learn specific federal requirements that must be included in every federal résumé
- Effectively research and read federal vacancy announcements
- (a) Prior to the seminar you must have a YAHOO! e-mail Account.
- (b) Participants must have the basic ability to use a computer keyboard and mouse.
- (c) Attend Writing a Winning Résumé - Part 1.
- (d) Bring your completed workbook or a hard copy and/or electronic version of your résumé.
- (e) Bring an electronic copy of your résumé to the seminar.
- (f) Attend Obtaining a Federal Job – Part 1.
- (g) Prior to seminar registration, you must take the WRAT 3 math assessment and receive a minimum score of 5.
Revised April 3, 2012