Tower Review Committee
Not all tower and antenna matters must go before the Tower Review Committee. Submit an Antenna Collocation and Tower Construction Inquiry to have the Cell Tower Coordinator help you determine which process to follow.
Baltimore County Zoning Regulations Section 426 defines the responsibilities of the Tower Review Committee in the review of siting wireless telecommunications towers and antennas.
Tower Review Committee Guidelines
The Tower Review Committee is concerned with the following:
- Antennas should be:placed on existing towers, buildings and structures, including those of public utilities, where feasible.
- If it is found that a new tower must be built, the tower should be:
- Erected in a medium or high density commercial zone, when available
- Located and designed to minimize its visibility from residential and transitional zones
- Constructed to accommodate a minimum of three providers
Tower Committee Members
The Tower Committee consists of:
- The Director of the Office of Information Technology or the Director's designee, who has technical expertise regarding the siting of wireless telecommunications towers and antennas, shall serve as the Tower Review Committee Chairperson
- The Director of the Department of Planning or the Director's designee
- The Director of the Office of Budget and Finance or the Director's designee
- An at-large citizen representative appointed by the County Council
- Additional representatives of other governmental or consulting agencies as determined by the Tower Review Committee Chairperson
The Office of Information Technology will publicize meetings on the Baltimore County website, as well as the Maryland Daily Record, at least two weeks prior to the meeting date. These are public meetings and not public hearings.
Revised September 28, 2016