Tower Review Committee Application Process
Not all tower and antenna matters must go before the Tower Review Committee. Before contacting the committee, determine which review process your inquiry follows.
Submit a letter with your completed application summarizing your proposal and requesting a meeting with the Tower Review Committee. Applications should be submitted no later then the first Tuesday of the month to be considered for the end of the month meeting (last Tuesday of the month).
Download the application (PDF) to view and print.
Important Note: Applicant’s are responsible for providing complete application packages. Incomplete applications will be rejected, and shall lose their priority in terms of the order in which the requests are reviewed and concluded. Notification of rejected applications will be provided by Property Management. Additionally, the county does not conduct historical, environmental, and title surveys.
Required Technical Information
Submit eight each of the following items:
- Proposal letter
- Coverage maps in color depicting the existing and desired coverage in the area from all existing and surrounding sites
- Construction site plan
- Antenna specifications
- Color pictures of the area, with and without tower simulations
- Documentation that other collocation opportunities will not work, identifying the locations that have been considered and including communications with landlords
- Documentation to and from community leaders concerning community outreach efforts
The following must be submitted at the same time as the application package:
- A $5,000 application fee payable by check to "Baltimore County, Maryland."
- PDF copies of all of the above information emailed to email@example.com or a CD of the same delivered to the following address by courier or postal mail
Note: In accordance with Section 15-9 of the Baltimore County Code, all cell tower applications submitted to the Tower Review Committee after January 1, 2011, shall be charged a fee of $5,000.
Submit your completed application package to:
Baltimore County Office of Electronic Services/Telecommunications
ATTN: Donna M. Fair, Cell Tower Administrator
11112 Gilroy Road, Suite 101, Mailstop 1104A
Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Revised September 22, 2016