Office of Human Resources
The Office of Human Resources serves Baltimore County residents by supporting the government operation in meeting service goals and objectives through its most valuable resource Baltimore County Employees. The Baltimore County Office of Human Resources is responsible for recruitment and employment, merit system testing, classification, salary administration, records management, employee training. In addition the Office of Human Resources is responsible for carrying out the provisions of the Employee Relations Act, previously performed by the Labor Commissioner.
George E. Gay, Director
Adrienne A. Jones, Deputy Director
308 Allegheny Avenue
Towson, Maryland 21204
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Detailed directions to help locate the Office of Human Resources building.
All persons interested in employment with Baltimore County must apply online.
The Office of Human Resources is a partner with county government to:
- Recruit and select top quality applicants to fill county jobs in a timely manner.
- Provide a respectful, diverse, safe and caring work environment.
- Provide resources and training to support efforts to provide excellent customer service and pursue continuous quality improvement.
- Effectively administer and communicate human resources policies and procedures that are fair and in compliance with employment laws, labor agreements, and county government goals and objectives.
- Advocate for fair and competitive employee compensation, benefits, training, and work equipment.
Revised April 4, 2014