Pre-Employment Physical Examination
When the hiring agency contacts you to make a conditional offer of employment (COE), it will inform you that your employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment physical examination (PPE), which includes a urine drug screening, and of an employment background investigation (EBI) which includes a fingerprinting.
Baltimore County's Office of Human Resources (OHR) will schedule your PPE, and you are responsible for scheduling your fingerprinting.
Once you accept the COE, OHR will schedule your PPE and contact you no more than five business days in advance to notify you of the appointment's date and time. Make sure that your hiring agency has up-to-date phone numbers and email addresses so that OHR will be able to get in touch with you.
Location and Directions
Parking is ample and free.
Mercy Medical Center
Business and Employee Health Services (BEHS)
1766 York Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
Directions: From I-695: Take Exit 26B York Road towards Lutherville, continue on York Road for approximately 1.5 miles, BEHS is on the left, in the Ridgely Plaza Shopping Center
- Appointments with Mercy are scheduled between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The appointment will be at least three hours.
- Your appointment will be canceled if you are more than 10 minutes late.
What You Need to Know
- Bring valid identification.
- Do not bring any children or other guests.
- You will receive and sign instructions if Mercy needs more information before recommending you for the position.
- You are responsible for complying with Mercy's instructions by the deadline given to you.
- If you need an extension, call the County at 410-887-7537.
- If you choose not to comply with Mercy's instructions, your COE will be withdrawn and you will no longer be a job candidate.
- You are responsible for paying any fees for complying with Mercy's instructions.
- Mercy will probably send the results of your physical to the County at least three weeks after the appointment.
- Mercy will either recommend you as being physically capable of performing the responsibilities of the position or not recommend you.
- If your urine drug screening presents a positive result, you will be contacted.
- Please call the County at 410-887-7537 if you have questions about your physical.
- Please read the Conditional Offer Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the process.
Revised May 10, 2016