Baltimore County Health Coalition
Baltimore County Department of Health
Drumcastle Government Center
6401 York Road, Third Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21212-2130
Phone: 410-887-BCHD (2243)
TTY users call via Maryland Relay
The Baltimore County Health Coalition is working to achieve Maryland State Health Improvement Process objectives and ensure that we have healthy people living, working, and playing in Baltimore County. As the Coalition continues to grow, additional information will be posted to this website.
Baltimore County Coalition Chair
Gregory Wm. Branch, M.D., MBA, CPE
Baltimore County Health Officer
Laura Culbertson, R.N., MSN
Public Health Nurse Administrator
Public Health Core Function and Ten Essential Services
The core functions (PDF) of assessment policy development and assurance of services provide the framework for all activities in public health.
Baltimore County Data
Baltimore County (PDF) has some notable health strengths and other areas where an investment in targeted action could pay dividends over the upcoming years. Review the Baltimore County Health Local Coalition Action Plan (PDF) and year one progress report (PDF).
Baltimore County Priorities
The Coalition is working to reduce the following:
- Low birth weight & very low birth weight
- Proportion of young children and adolescents who are obese
- Tobacco use by adults*
- Proportion of youths who use any kind of tobacco product *
*These priorities are being addressed by the Baltimore County Tobacco Coalition.
View a list (PDF) of meetings and activities sponsored by the Coalition.
View the PowerPoint slides from Coalition and community meetings:
- December 4, 2013 (PDF)
- September 4, 2013 (PDF)
- June 5, 2013 (PDF)
- March 20, 2013 (PDF)
- February 21, 2013 (PDF)
- January 18, 2012 (PDF)
- November 30, 2011 (PDF)
View Comcast Newsmaker interviews about:
Coalition meetings are held at the Drumcastle Government Center - 6401 York Road in Baltimore, Maryland 21212 from 3 to 5 p.m. Sub-committee meetings are held at designated locations determined by the group. For questions or concerns, contact Ms. Laura Culbertson at 410-887-3729.
2014 Coalition Meeting Dates
- March 5
- June 4
- September 10
- December 3
The following organizations are members (PDF) of the Baltimore County Health Coalition:
- Baltimore County Citizen
- Baltimore County Department of Aging
- Baltimore County Department of Health
- Baltimore County Department of Health and Human Services
- Baltimore County Department of Planning
- Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks
- Baltimore County Department of Social Services
- Baltimore County Fire Department
- Baltimore County Police Department
- Baltimore County Public Library
- Baltimore County Public Schools
- Baltimore County Public Schools PTA
- Baltimore Medical Systems
- Chase Brexton Health Services, Inc.
- Child Care Links of Baltimore County
- Coalition for a Healthy Maryland
- Diamond Plan from Coventry Health Care
- Galilee Baptist Church
- Goucher College
- Greater Baltimore Medical Health Care System
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, Inc.
- Local Management Board
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland Partnership for Prevention, Inc.
- Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene - Minority Outreach
- Medstar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Mosaic Community Services
- Northwest Hospital Center
- Prologue, Inc.
- Saint Agnes Hospital
- Saint Joseph Medical Center
- Set The Captives Free Outreach Center
- Stella Maris
- Stevenson University
- The Community College of Baltimore County
- Towson University
- United Healthcare
- University of Maryland Baltimore County
- University of Maryland Extension - Baltimore County
- Y of Central Maryland
Revised March 5, 2014