Get a Free Flu Shot in Baltimore County
Still need a flu shot? Attend the free drive-through flu vaccination clinic in Baltimore County on November 6.
Who should not get the vaccine?
If you ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction after a dose of flu vaccine, or have a severe allergy to any part of this vaccine, you may be advised not to get vaccinated. Most, but not all, types of flu vaccine contain a small amount of egg protein.
If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (a severe paralyzing illness, also called GBS), you should discuss with your doctor if you should get vaccinated. Some people with a history of GBS should not get this vaccine.
If you are not feeling well, you may be asked to wait until you feel better before getting a flu shot.
Remember the Flu F.A.C.T.S!
Residents are encouraged to remember the flu FACTS in order to prevent the spread of contagious viruses, including seasonal flu:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water
- Always get an annual flu shot
- Cover your cough and sneeze
- Take time off if you have symptoms
- Seek care if your symptoms get worse
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information on seasonal flu.
- Get information on the 2016 to 2017 flu season
- Learn about the benefits of getting a flu shot (PDF)
Revised October 22, 2016