Get a Free Flu Shot in Baltimore County
Get a free flu shot at one of our Health Centers (with the exception of Towson) Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you have a group of five or more people needing a flu shot, please call 410-887-2705 for an appointment.
Who should not get the vaccine?
If you have any severe (life-threatening) allergies you should not get vaccinated. If you ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction after a dose of flu vaccine, or have a severe allergy to any part of this vaccine, you may be advised not to get a dose. Most, but not all, types of flu vaccine contain a small amount of egg.
If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (a severe paralyzing illness, also called GBS) you should be discussed with your doctor if you should get vaccinated. Some people with a history of GBS should not get this vaccine.
If you are not feeling well you may be asked to wait until you feel better before getting a flu shot.
Remember the Flu FACTS!
Residents are encouraged to remember the flu FACTS in order to prevent the spread of contagious viruses, including seasonal flu:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water
- Always get an annual flu shot
- Cover your cough and sneeze
- Take time off if you have symptoms
- Seek care if your symptoms get worse
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information on seasonal flu.
- Get information on the 2015 to 2016 flu season
- Learn about the benefits (PDF) of getting a flu shot
Revised November 27, 2015