Get a Free Flu Shot in Baltimore County
Baltimore County Health Centers (with the exception of Towson) and the Drumcastle Government Center have the flu vaccine! Anyone six months and older can get a free seasonal flu vaccination (shot only), while supplies last, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. No appointment necessary for individuals.
If you have a group of five or more people needing a flu shot, please call for an appointment.
- If your group plans to go to one of our Health Centers, call 410-887-2705
- If your group plans to go to Drumcastle Government Center, call 410-887-6011
Who should not get the vaccine?
If you ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction after a dose of flu vaccine, or have a severe allergy to any part of this vaccine, you may be advised not to get vaccinated. Most, but not all, types of flu vaccine contain a small amount of egg protein.
If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (a severe paralyzing illness, also called GBS), you should discuss with your doctor if you should get vaccinated. Some people with a history of GBS should not get this vaccine.
If you are not feeling well, you may be asked to wait until you feel better before getting a flu shot.
Remember the Flu F.A.C.T.S!
Residents are encouraged to remember the flu FACTS in order to prevent the spread of contagious viruses, including seasonal flu:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water
- Always get an annual flu shot
- Cover your cough and sneeze
- Take time off if you have symptoms
- Seek care if your symptoms get worse
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information on seasonal flu.
- Get information on the 2016 to 2017 flu season
- Learn about the benefits of getting a flu shot (PDF)
Revised November 22, 2016