Resources and Information
Baltimore County Department of Health
Drumcastle Government Center
6401 York Road, Third Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21212-2130
Phone: 410-887-BCHD (2243)
TTY users call via Maryland Relay 7-1-1
Gregory Wm. Branch, M.D., MBA, CPE, FACP
Baltimore County Health Officer, Baltimore County Coalition Chair
Laura Culbertson, MSN, R.N.
Public Health Nurse Administrator, Coalition Point-of-Contact
Air Quality Awareness
Air quality and health are directly related. See how you can help improve air quality.
Reducing deaths related to falls through education and resources is an initiative for all ages.
Knowing your blood pressure numbers is the first step in managing your health.
- Prevention, Risks, Symptoms and Treatment (PDF)
- Blood Pressure Tracker (PDF)
- High blood pressure affects your health (video)
Low Birth Weight
Reducing low birth weight is an initiative that provides a multi-faceted approach to decreasing infant mortality in Baltimore County. The following information presents ways to promote the health of babies.
Sign up for Text4babies and get support throughout your pregnancy and your baby's first year with free text messages on topics like prenatal care, baby health and parenting.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for tips on what you can do before pregnancy to be healthy.
View a safe sleep environment video to learn about ways to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and other sleep-related causes of infant death.
Plan to breastfeed if you are pregnant? Find helpful resources.
- Is Your Baby Sleeping Safely? English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF)
- Pregnant? (PDF)
- Smoking and Pregnancy Don't Mix (PDF)
- Safe to Sleep
Physical Activity and Reducing Childhood Obesity
Reducing childhood obesity through increased physical activity is a way to improve the health of children in Baltimore County. Use the resources below to increase your family's physical activity and improve their health.
- USDA SuperTracker
- Healthy Eating for Kids
- Family Exercise
- Making Exercise Fun for Kids
- Obesity in America
- Surgeon General Step It Up!
- Baltimore County Trail Finder
- Youth Cycling Opportunities
- Track Your Walking
- Baltimore County Pedestrian and Bicycle Council
Quit Smoking Resources
Substance Abuse Overdose Deaths
Reducing the risk of overdose deaths by decreasing access to medications that could be abused is a way to prevent overdoses in Baltimore County.
- Overdose Prevention Plan (PDF)
- Drug Dropboxes
- Opioid Overdose Response Training
- View the Health Officer's interview on prevention efforts to reduce opioid overdoses in Baltimore County.
Syphilis rates can be reduced by encouraging testing at every health encounter. Find free, fast and confidential testing near you.
- View the Health Officer's interview on syphilis awareness and efforts to reduce cases in Baltimore County.
Tobacco Use Prevention
Reducing tobacco use by adults and youth is a critical step in improving health. If you are looking for support while you stop smoking, sign up to receive free text messages that will provide encouragement and help you succeed.
Learn how to manage your weight without being hungry.
- Eat More, Weigh Less (PDF)
- How to Use Fruits and Vegetables to Manage Your Weight (PDF)
- Avoid Portion Size Pitfalls (PDF)
Revised September 12, 2016