Inspections and Fire Code Enforcement
The Baltimore County Office of the Fire Marshal is responsible for ensuring the safety of citizens through enforcement of state and local fire codes for residential and commercial facilities.
The contact at the Fire Marshal's office is Captain Bruce Schultz, email@example.com .
The hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Contact the Fire Marshal's Office at 410-887-4880, 700 East Joppa Road, Towson.
Duties handled by the Fire Marshal include:
- Preventive inspections of businesses, places of assembly, county buildings, educational and health institutions and other occupancies for compliance with the Baltimore County Fire Prevention Code (PDF) and the Maryland State Fire Prevention Code (PDF).
- Investigation of fire and life safety code violations and complaints, including overcrowding at public facilities. The Fire Marshal may order corrective action and/or levy civil penalties.
- Reviews plans for subdivisions for compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Acceptance testing of fire protection systems.
- Investigation of complaints regarding suspected fire safety hazards.
- Inspection of fireworks kiosks and public displays.
- Crowd management training.
- Investigation of fire events.
- Maintenance of fire safety inspection records.
Common Fire Code Concerns
The following are some of the fire code issues that most commonly impact Baltimore County citizens:
- Open burning
Revised August 31, 2012