FADO Truck Turn-In Procedures
Stokes basket operation being performed.
Completion of this turn-in (three skill stations and a road course) at the Fire Academy will allow the candidate to drive all Class A apparatus in the department fleet including USAR17. Station officers should work with personnel to ensure that those individuals assigned to these specialized units are familiar with their operation. Personnel wishing to become a tower-only driver will complete this FADO Truck turn-in process but only need a Class B license. Those completing the tower-only turn-in who later wish to complete a truck turn-in will need to go through the entire truck turn-in process again.
- EVOC (MFRI 39 hour class)
- Aerial Apparatus Operator (MFRI class)
- Firefighter II (MFSPQB, NPQS, IFSAC, or DOD/IFSAC certification)
Items to be Completed at the Station Prior to Scheduling a Turn-In
All candidates must bring a Driver's Log (PDF) with a minimum of 10 driving hours completed. Candidates who are retesting must bring Form 51. Additionally, please complete the following:
- FADO Aerial Skills Checklist (PDF)
- FADO Tiller Skills Checklist (PDF)
- FADO Truck In-Station Performance Objectives Checklist (PDF)
- MFSPQB FADO Aerial Application (PDF)
- MFSPQB FADO Tiller Application (PDF)
Addition: If your aerial apparatus operator class is older than July 1, 2015, please complete the following documents in addition to the above documentation:
- 1002 FADO Tiller – TEC (PDF)
- 1002 FADO Tiller – Breakdown Correlation Sheet (PDF)
- 1002 FADO Aerial – TEC (PDF)
- 1002 FADO Aerial – Breakdown Correlation Sheet (PDF)
- 1002 FADO General Requirements – TEC (PDF)
- 1002 FADO General Requirements – Breakdown Correlation Sheet (PDF)
Please provide two copies of the following:
- Form 330 for a daily check done on the day of the test
- Driver's license and EVO card, both sides
- Aerial apparatus operator
Failure of Skill Stations
If an applicant fails one station, they can retest on the same day after receiving remediation for the failed skill and signing a Form 51.
If an applicant fails two stations, remediation will be conducted at the member's station with their company officer. A Form 51 for each skill must be completed by the company officer and the candidate must schedule a retest no earlier than two weeks from the initial test date. Any Form 51s must accompany the candidate on the day of the retest.
If an applicant fails all three stations, or if the applicant fails any station during the retest, the applicant must return to their field assignment and retrain with their officers. They will not be able to retest within a three month period. A Form 51 for all failed skills as well as a new Skills Checklist packet must be completed with the company officer prior to rescheduling. All Form 51s and the new packet must accompany the candidate on the day of the retest.
Scheduling a Turn-In
Once the individual is ready for a turn-in, the station officer should submit a Driver Turn-In Request Form.
Revised October 7, 2016