FADO Engine Turn-In Procedures
Completion of this turn-in (six skill stations and a road course) at the Fire Academy will allow the candidate to drive all Class B apparatus in the department fleet including DECON54, HM114, FOAM14 and MCP. Station officers should work with personnel to ensure that those individuals driving specialized units are familiar with their operation. Personnel wishing to become a tower-only driver will complete the FADO Truck Turn-In but only need a Class B license.
- EVOC (MFRI 39 hour class)
- Pump Operator (MFRI class)
- Firefighter II (MFSPQB, NPQS, IFSAC, or DOD/IFSAC certification)
Items to be Completed at the Station Prior to Scheduling a Turn-In
Please complete and sign the following documents:
- FADO Pumper Skills Checklist (PDF)
- FADO Mobile Water Supply Skills Checklist (PDF)
- FADO Engine In-Station Performance Objectives Checklist (PDF)
Please complete the front page of the following documents:
Addition: If your pumps class is older than July 1, 2015, please complete the following documents in addition to the above documentation:
- 1002 FADO Pump – TEC (PDF)
- 1002 FADO Pump – Breakdown Correlation Sheet (PDF)
- 1002 FADO Mobile Water Supply – TEC (PDF)
- 1002 FADO Mobile Water Supply – Breakdown Correlation Sheet (PDF)
- 1002 FADO General Requirements – TEC (PDF)
- 1002 FADO General Requirements – Breakdown Correlation Sheet (PDF)
Please provide two copies of the following:
- Form 330 for a daily check done on the day of the test
- Driver's license and EVO card, both sides
- EVOC and pumps
All candidates must bring a Driver's Log (PDF) with a minimum of 10 driving hours completed. Candidates who are retesting must bring Form 51.
Failure of Skill Stations
If an applicant fails one station, they can retest on the same day after receiving remediation for the failed skill and signing a Form 51.
If an applicant fails two stations, remediation will be conducted at the member's station with their company officer. A Form 51 for each skill must be completed by the company officer and the candidate must schedule a retest no earlier than two weeks from the initial test date. Any Form 51s must accompany the candidate on the day of the retest.
If an applicant fails three or more stations, or if the applicant fails any station during the retest, the applicant must return to their field assignment and retrain with their officers. They will not be able to retest within a three month period. A Form 51 for all failed skills as well as a new Skills Checklist packet must be completed with the company officer prior to rescheduling. All Form 51s and the new packet must accompany the candidate on the day of the retest.
Scheduling a Turn-In
Once the individual is ready for a turn-in, the station officer should complete a Driver Turn-In Request Form.
Revised October 7, 2016