Fire Rescue Academy: Emergency Medical Services
The Baltimore County Fire-Rescue Academy provides Emergency Medical Services (EMS) training and recertification for members of the Baltimore County Fire Department.
Advanced Life Support Recertification Process
Maryland and National Registry EMT-I and EMT-P recertification is required every two years. For additional information on renewal requirements and recertification procedures, visit the ALS recertification site.
2013-2014 Advanced Life Support Continuing Education Program
This course, for all certified and functioning Baltimore County ALS providers, will meet the transition requirements for the new national standards allowing providers to upgrade from NREMT-Paramedic to Paramedic.
- View the ALS Refresher program page for dates and information on registering for the program.
- For further information on the 2013-2014 Advanced Life Support Continuing Education Program, email Lieutenant Paul Massarelli, or call 410-887-4877..
- You must register for this training program online.
All EMS preceptors are required to complete a Preceptor Productivity Report after each preceptor event. Please contact Captain Richard Schenning, ALS program administrator, with any questions regarding the preceptor process.
- The ALS Competency Verification form (PDF) is available for preceptor use.
- Complete the ALS Student Information Contact Form (PDF).
MIEMSS EMS News
The Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services System (MIEMSS) monthly newsletter provides information on Maryland EMS.
- View the MIEMSS website and follow links to MIEMSS EMS News for further information on these topics and more!
Additional Educational Links
- Airway Management Education
- MFRI ALS Course Offerings
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS)
- Shock Trauma Education Offerings
- Maryland Region III Educational Offerings
Revised June 24, 2013