Energy Management and Sustainability Overview
Baltimore County's Property Management division is involved with implementing energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability programs and policies in government operations and Countywide.
Sustainable development has been defined as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of current and future generations to meet their own needs. Sustainability involves the interdependence of the environment, society and economy. Sustainability and clean energy is increasingly being considered across County agencies and programs.
- Energy Management
- Learn about the County's clean energy policies and initiatives to reduce its energy consumption and increase energy efficiency in its operations.
- Solar Projects
- The County is installing 21 megawatts of solar power at no upfront cost. Read more about the development of these clean energy projects.
- Sustainability Initiatives
- The County is actively greening its operations through the Green At Work Energy Challenge, the Maryland Green Registry and other sustainability efforts.
- Sustainability and Energy Resources for Residents and Businesses
- Learn more about purchasing and installing renewable energy, tax credits for green buildings and energy conservation devices and other ways to go green.
Energy and Sustainability Program Coordinator
Property Management Division