The Growing Home Campaign
Greening Begins in Your Own Backyard
Increasing Tree Canopy One Tree at a Time
The Growing Home Campaign provides homeowners with education about the multiple benefits of planting trees and a $10 savings on the purchase of qualifying trees.
Learn more about the Growing Home Campaign below or download the four-page Growing Home Campaign Brochure (PDF) and $10 Growing Home Campaign Tree Coupon (PDF) to use when purchasing your qualifying tree from a participating nursery and garden center retailer.
The Growing Home program is an innovative way homeowners can help increase the tree canopy in our region. The Growing Home Campaign is a public - private partnership between Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Harford County, local retail nurseries and garden centers and homeowners to encourage planting new trees on private residential land.
Learn how each of us can do something to help improve our environment by planting a tree in our own yard.
- Get help understanding the value of adding trees within existing neighborhoods and calculate the economic and ecological benefits your tree provides.
- Get guidance about site considerations and species selection, and tree planting and maintenance instructions.
Plant Your Own Tree
- Which kind of tree should I plant?
- How to plant your tree
- Good reasons to plant trees
- Recommended trees
- Use the Tree Benefits Calculator to learn more about the economic and ecological benefits your tree provides
- Marylanders Plant Trees
- Participating Growing Home Nurseries and Garden Centers
Baltimore County Department of Environmental Protection & Sustainability
Diana Cohen, Coordinator, Growing Home Campaign
Phone: 410-887-4488 ext. 287
Fax Number: 410-887-3510
E-mail Address: email@example.com
The Growing Home Campaign is coordinated by Baltimore County Department of Environmental Protection and Sustainability and is made possible with the support of our partners.
Revised March 4, 2011
Revised April 6, 2016