To become a paid Election Judge you must be a registered voter in the State of Maryland. Democrat and Republican voters accepted first. If the total number of Democrat and Republican judges cannot be fulfilled, we will then consider Unaffiliated voters to meet our quota needed. You may call the Board of Elections for consideration.
Judge Training Registration
Only judges who have been assigned to work during the General Election on November 8, 2016 may register for a training class. The letter you received indicates your judge position and password, which is required to register for training.
To register or view classes, select your judge position below. If you have questions, please call the Judge Department at 410-887-0982.
- Chief and Provisional Judge Training Registration—For new Chief and Provisional Judges only.
- Election Judge Training Registration—For new Election Judges only.
- Judge Refresher Training Registration—For all returning judges who have previously attended a training class in 2016.
Baltimore County Election Office
11112 Gilroy Road, Suite 104
Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Banneker Community Center
27 Main Avenue
Catonsville, Maryland 21228
Sollers Point Multi-Purpose Center
323 Sollers Point Road
Dundalk, Maryland 21222
We Need You
The Baltimore County Board of Elections is seeking motivated people, who can endure long hours (6 a.m. to 10 p.m.), to work as Election Judges for the upcoming 2016 elections. You can make $162.50 as an Election Judge or $225 as a Chief Judge per election. An additional $40 will be compensated for attending a mandatory training session prior to the Election. To receive the $40 compensation the attendee must work the assigned day or days of election.
- You must be a registered voter in Maryland.
- You must be able to withstand at least a 15-hour day of work and read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- You must attend a mandatory training session and be willing to follow instructions concerning election laws and the overall duties of staffing a polling place.
Dates of the Elections
- April 26, 2016
- November 8, 2016
If you would like to serve as an Election Judge, or you would like more information, contact us at 410-887-0982 or by using the online form. Our fax number is 410-832-8486.
Revised September 13, 2016