Towson Business Community
Towson, one of the largest unincorporated County seats in the U.S., is a dynamic commercial and residential community that is home to more than 55,000 residents and 5,000 businesses.
Conveniently located just inside the Baltimore Beltway about eight miles north of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, Towson is a major employment center, drawing more than 56,000 workers each day from nearby neighborhoods and throughout the region. While major educational and health care institutions are the largest local employers, Towson is also a hub for corporate headquarters, professional services and information technology firms such as the health solutions unit of General Dynamics.
The Towson business community has several competitive advantages, including the following:
- Corporate headquarters location for:
- Stanley Black and Decker Global Tools and Storage Division
- Whiting Turner Contracting Company—One of the nation’s largest construction management and general contracting companies
- MileOne—One of the nation’s largest privately-held automotive sales and service delivery networks
- Remedi SeniorCare—A fast-growing institutional pharmacy business
- Over 2,700 new apartments and townhomes built since 2008. These amenity-rich residential developments offer a range of upscale living options in or near downtown.
- Three hospitals—GBMC, St. Joseph’s and Sheppard Pratt
- Towson Town Center—Anchored by Nordstrom and Macy’s, features upscale retailers such as Louis Vuitton, and Tiffany & Co.
- Towson University—Maryland’s second largest public university and largest undergraduate business school
- Goucher College—A liberal arts college that was the first in the nation to pair required study abroad with travel stipend
Towson Town Center
Towson Town Center has continued a major re-merchandising effort that has introduced many new retailers, including The North Face, Lilly Pulitzer, Vera Bradley, TUMI, L’Occitane, Sur La Table, Clarks, Steve Madden and Soma Intimates.
Towson Square is an $85 million entertainment complex anchored by a 15-screen Cinemark movie theatre and seven restaurants, including an 850-space parking garage.
Towson City Center
Towson City Center is a $27 million redevelopment of a long-vacant 12-story building with 157,873 square feet of Class A office space overlooking Towson Circle, including corporate headquarters for MileOne, one of the nation’s largest privately-held automobile sales and service delivery networks.
The Winthrop and Southerly Square
The Winthrop and Southerly Square is a recently completed 295-unit luxury apartment complex on Dulaney Valley Road. The project is the first phase of a $100 million development that includes 175 additional units to be completed in 2017.
The existing Towson Commons complex in the heart of Towson has undergone a $15 million renovation for a 52,700-square-foot LA Fitness center, CVS and other tenants. General Dynamics IT, a major office tenant, signed a new lease for 146,000 square feet.
Employers and Institutions
General Dynamics IT
Health information technology
MileOne Corporate Headquarters
Remedi SeniorCare Headquarters
Stanley Black and Decker
St. Joseph's Medical Center
Whiting Turner Headquarters
Whitney, Bailey, Cox and Magnani
2015 Area Population and Income
Median Household Income
Average Household Income
Estimated Median House Price
Demographics were measured using a one-, three- and five-mile buffer drawn around the intersection of York Road and Pennsylvania Avenue. Source: 2015 Nielsen Population Data
Contact Sara Trenery, Business Development Representative, at email@example.com or call 410-887-8030 for more information.