Hunt Valley Business Community
Just 15 miles north of Baltimore City, the Hunt Valley I-83 Corridor is a diversified business community with strong national and divisional headquarters of major corporations, including McCormick and Company, and Bank of America.
The corridor runs from Timonium north to Sparks, and pulls workers from an area reaching from Baltimore City and surrounding counties, to York and southern Pennsylvania. The interstate highway and light rail provide excellent access to the corridor’s corporate campuses, operation centers and specialized manufacturers.
The Hunt Valley I-83 Corridor business community has several competitive advantages, including the following:
- Premier corporate business location
- Major multinational companies
- Diverse business community including manufacturing, finance, accounting, engineering, and warehouse and distribution enterprises
- National hub for digital entertainment companies
- Easy access to I-83 and I-695 with high visibility
- Higher education resources—Community College of Baltimore County, Loyola University graduate campus and the University of Phoenix
- Port-related export and distribution network
- Employee draw area includes southern Pennsylvania and private commuter transit via Rabbit Transit
- Popular executive housing areas
- Light rail service to downtown Baltimore and BWI
- Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Amenity-rich Hunt Valley Town Centre anchored by Wegman’s, with national and local restaurants and shops
Employers and Institutions
The following is a snapshot of employers in the Hunt Valley Business Community.
Defense research and development, manufacturing
Bank of America
BD Diagnostic Systems
Pole to Win Company Ltd.
Video game software
Blue Grass Materials Company
McCormick and Company
Spice and flavorings
Insurance and finance
Element Fleet Management
2015 Area Population and Income
Median Household Income
Estimated Average Household Income
Median House Price
Demographics measured using a one-, three- and five-mile buffer drawn around the intersection of Beaver Dam Road and McCormick Road. Source: 2015 Nielsen Population Data
Contact Sara Trenery, Business Development Representative, at email@example.com or call 410-887-8030 for more information.