Do Business in Baltimore County
Baltimore County is Maryland's second-largest job center.
You'll find the County’s diverse community of more than 20,000 businesses:
- on corporate campuses in White Marsh, Hunt Valley and Owings Mills
- in research and development facilities at UMBC and Towson University
- inside federal headquarters of the Social Security Administration and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- in the distribution and manufacturing hubs on the Southwest and East side of the County
- in the neighborhood shops of our traditional downtowns
With nationally recognized public schools and a variety of tight-knit communities, Baltimore County is more than just a great place to do business. It's a great place for the people who make businesses work.
Baltimore County has one of the most well-educated workforces with a bachelor's degree attainment nearly 10 percent higher than the national average.
21,344 diverse businesses call Baltimore County home.
Our Quality of Life
From equestrians to wine lovers, there is something for everyone. Paired with a reasonable cost of living and housing, Baltimore County is affordable, diverse and family friendly.
We are a well-managed, AAA-bond-rated County. Through strong partnerships, infrastructure investment and strategic incentives, we strive to help you achieve excellence.