Baltimore County Business 1st Week
Baltimore County Business 1st Week is an opportunity for us to hear what business issues keep you up at night, and how the County resources can help support and grow your operation. This program is a joint effort between the Baltimore County's Department of Economic and Workforce Development and the Department of Planning Neighborhood Response Team.
From October 20 through October 25, our team of resource experts will conduct visits to businesses throughout the County. In just 15 minutes, you can get an overview of financing opportunities, workforce recruitment and training programs, tax credit and business counseling programs available to Baltimore County businesses. Teams will present programs and resources to business groups.
Business 1st Week Events Include:
- Business 1st Week Proclamation: Declaring the launch of the Business 1st outreach initiative
- Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz visiting companies throughout the County
- County-wide business outreach program: Business 1st teams will stop by, listen to your needs and tell you about the many tools and resources available
- New Boost Loan Program: Announcement October 16
- Neighborhood Response Team: Business Chamber Presentations on resources:
- Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - Security Woodlawn Business Association Meeting
- Thursday, October 16, 2014 - Dundalk Chamber of Commerce Networking Breakfast
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Liberty Road Business Association Meeting
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 - Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce - Lunch and Learn Seminar
Business Assistance and Incentives in Baltimore County
Business Friendly Climate
- Well-managed County, with consistent AAA bond rating from the three major rating agencies.
- No property tax increase since 1988
- No income tax increase since 1992
- Streamlined local government, no incorporated towns or cities
- No gross receipts tax on manufacturers
- No corporate franchise tax
- No unitary tax on profits
- No separate school taxes
- No sales or personal property tax on R and D equipment
- No incorporated jurisdictions within the County
- Talent recruitment and Training
- Business counseling
- Public and private financing packages
- Confidential location searches and data support (Email email@example.com)
- Permitting assistance (Email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Business and technology incubators with shared resources (Email email@example.com)
- Recruitment – Access to diverse candidate pool. Coordinate recruitment efforts customized to the business needs, including candidate screening and job fairs.
- Training – Through our Workforce Development System, we invest funding to offset the costs of training new hires. On-the-job training and apprenticeships are also available, based on the availability of funds.
- Downsizing – Worker outplacement services coordinating on-site information sessions, unemployment registration, career counseling and job search seminars.
Small Business Resource Center
- One-on-one business counseling and seminars to assist with business plan development, marketing advice, financing and minority business enterprise certifications. This is a free service for Baltimore County.
- New Boost Loan Program
- Advanced Technology Loan Fund
- Tax-Exempt Bonds
- Enterprise Zones
- Commercial Revitalization Program
- High Performance Building Tax Credits
- Maryland Job Creation Tax Credit
- Maryland Research and Development Tax Credit
Commercial Revitalization Districts
- Property tax credits
- Free Architectural Services
- Low and not interest loans for property improvements
Learn more about Business 1st Week and speak to finance experts, small business advisors, talent and training specialists and resource coordinators by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-887-8000.
Revised October 21, 2014