Department of Economic and Workforce Development
400 Washington Avenue, Suite 100
Towson, Maryland 21204
The Baltimore County Local Workforce Area Plan has been submitted to the Governor's Workforce Development Board and the Maryland Department of Licensing and Regulation for review. This document outlines how Baltimore County will work to achieve the vision of a job-driven workforce system that helps job seekers and workers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy.
The Baltimore County Boost Fund offers flexible loans to boost growth for qualified small, women-owned, veteran-owned and minority owned businesses and entrepreneurs.
Baltimore County is now Maryland's second largest job center. Our diverse business community of more than 20,000 businesses can be found on corporate campuses in White Marsh, Hunt Valley and Owings Mills; in research and development facilities at UMBC and Towson University; inside federal headquarters of the Social Security Administration and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; in the distribution and manufacturing hub on the Southwest and East side of the County and in the neighborhood shops of our traditional downtowns. With nationally recognized public schools and a variety of tight-knit communities, Baltimore County is more than just a great place to do business. It's a great place for the people who make businesses work. Read a Brief Overview of Baltimore County (PDF) and its enviable business climate.
Videos of Our Business Communities
We invite you to share in our success. When your company is ready to expand, relocate or add new employees, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential assistance.
Business Friendly Climate
- Well-managed County, with consistent AAA bond rating from the three major rating agencies.
- No property tax increase since 1988
- No income tax increase since 1992
- Streamlined local government, no incorporated towns or cities
- No gross receipts tax on manufacturers
- No corporate franchise tax
- No unitary tax on profits
- No separate school taxes
- No sales or personal property tax on R and D equipment
- No incorporated jurisdictions within the County
- Talent recruitment and Training
- Business counseling
- Public and private financing packages
- Confidential location searches and data support (Request by email: email@example.com)
- Permitting assistance (Request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Business and technology incubators with shared resources (Request by email: email@example.com)
Our staff is available now. We look forward to working with you. Email the Department of Economic and Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Revised August 24, 2016