Operating Grants – Funding Guidelines
Operating Grants funded through the Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences provide general operating support for organizations that offer public arts, science and historic programs, performances, exhibitions and lectures that benefit Baltimore County citizens.
Not-for-profit organizations in Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Howard, and Harford Counties are eligible to apply for funding for arts activities that will take place in their jurisdictions, thereby serving Baltimore County residents. It is the Commission's policy not to be the sole source of funding for any applicant.
The Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences considers the following criteria as it evaluates each grant proposal:
- Artistic quality of the organization's work.
- Management effectiveness and financial stability of the applicant.
- Degree of impact on the diverse cultural needs of Baltimore County citizens and the community.
- Educational merit.
- Extent of outreach to involve new audiences, special constituencies, and underserved populations.
- Evidence of fund-raising from non-governmental sources.
Priority consideration will be given to grant proposals which:
- Increase the number and variety of artistic, historic and scientific opportunities taking place in Baltimore County.
- Include educational outreach to Baltimore County students.
- Establish and enrich partnerships and collaborations among arts, science, history and humanities non-profits, community and educational organizations.
- Engage in performance and visual arts partnerships with local businesses to increase economic benefits for arts, businesses, and the community.
- Provide some free or reduced-rate performances and/or programs, particularly to underserved populations.
Next Operating Grant Availability
Operating Grant applications are being accepted for Fiscal Year 2017 for arts, science, humanities and history organizations.
Application Deadline: September 10, 2015, 4 p.m.
Read the Operating Grant Eligibility and Instructions (PDF) prior to completing a grant application to be sure your organization meets funding guidelines.
Grant applications, request for financial assistance form, and required documents must be sent in PDF format by the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download and save the Operating Grant Eligibility and Instructions (PDF).
- Download and save the Operating Grant Application (PDF).
- Download and save the Baltimore County Request for Financial Assistance (PDF). This form must be submitted with all grant applications.
Please do not use the Mac Preview program when completing the PDF forms due to incompatibility issues. Use Adobe Reader or another PDF viewer if at all possible.
Final Report Form
Organizations that receive operating grant funding must file a final report. Final reports for FY2015 operating grants are due August 21, 2015, 4 p.m.
Download the FY2015 Operating Grant Final Report Form (PDF).
Revised September 29, 2015