Operating Grants – Funding Guidelines
Operating Grants funded through the Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences provide general operating support for organizations that offer visual and performing arts, science and humanities programs, performances, exhibitions and lectures that benefit Baltimore County residents.
Not-for-profit organizations in Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Howard, and Harford Counties are eligible to apply for funding for arts activities that take place in their jurisdictions, and serve Baltimore County residents. It is the Commission's policy not to be the sole source of funding for any applicant.
The Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences considers the following criteria as it evaluates each grant proposal:
- Artistic quality of the organization's work.
- Management effectiveness and financial stability of the applicant.
- Degree of impact on the diverse cultural needs of Baltimore County citizens and the community.
- Educational merit.
- Extent of outreach to involve new audiences, special constituencies, and underserved populations.
- Evidence of fund-raising from non-governmental sources.
Priority consideration will be given to grant proposals which:
- Increase the number, variety and creativity visual and performing arts, humanities and science opportunities for Baltimore County residents.
- Include educational outreach to Baltimore County students.
- Establish and enrich partnerships and collaborations among arts, science and humanities non-profits, community and educational organizations.
- Engage in performance and visual arts partnerships with local businesses to increase economic benefits for arts, businesses, and the community.
- Engage underserved and diverse populations.
Next Operating Grant Availability
Operating Grant applications are being accepted for Fiscal Year 2018 for performing and visual arts, and humanities and science organizations.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2016, 4 p.m.
Read the Operating Grant Eligibility and Instructions (PDF) prior to completing a grant application to be sure your organization meets funding guidelines.
Grant applications, request for financial assistance form, and required documents must be sent in PDF format by the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download and save the Operating Grant Eligibility and Instructions (PDF).
- Download and save the Operating Grant Application (PDF).
- Download and save the Baltimore County Request for Financial Assistance (PDF). This form must be submitted with all grant applications.
Please do not use the Mac Preview program when completing the PDF forms due to incompatibility issues. Use Adobe Reader or another PDF viewer if at all possible.
Final Report Form
Organizations that receive operating grant funding must file a final report. Final reports for FY2016 operating grants are due August 17, 2016, 4 p.m.
Download and save the FY2016 Operating Grant Final Report Form (PDF).
Revised July 5, 2016