Operating Grants - Funding Guidelines
Operating Grants funded through the Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences provide general operating support for organizations that offer public arts, science and historic programs, performances, exhibitions and lectures that benefit Baltimore County citizens.
Not-for-profit organizations in Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Howard, and Harford Counties are eligible to apply for funding for arts activities that will take place in their jurisdictions, thereby serving Baltimore County residents. It is the Commission's policy not to be the sole source of funding for any applicant.
The Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences considers the following criteria as it evaluates each grant proposal:
- Artistic quality of the organization's work.
- Management effectiveness and financial stability of the applicant.
- Degree of impact on the diverse cultural needs of Baltimore County citizens and the community.
- Educational merit.
- Extent of outreach to involve new audiences, special constituencies, and underserved populations.
- Evidence of fund-raising from non-governmental sources.
Priority consideration will be given to grant proposals which:
- Increase the number and variety of artistic, historic and scientific opportunities taking place in Baltimore County.
- Include educational outreach to Baltimore County students.
- Establish and enrich partnerships and collaborations among arts, science, history and humanities non-profits, community and educational organizations.
- Engage in performance and visual arts partnerships with local businesses to increase economic benefits for arts, businesses, and the community.
- Provide some free or reduced-rate performances and/or programs, particularly to underserved populations.
Next Grant Availability
Application Deadline: 4 p.m., September 12, 2013
Please see the Application Eligibility and Instructions (PDF) for submission details.
Apply online to the FY2015 Operating Grant Application.
Final Report Form
FY2013 Operating Grant Final Interactive Report Form (PDF).
Revised July 17, 2013