John J. Nagle III
Associate Judge, Baltimore County Circuit Court, 3rd Judicial Circuit, since January 5, 2010.
Member, Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission, 3rd Judicial Circuit, 1990 to 98; Inquiry Panel, Attorney Grievance Commission, 1985 to 1988. Member, Character Committee, 2nd Judicial Circuit, State Board of Law Examiners, 1995 to 2009. Born in Baltimore, Maryland, December 26, 1954.
- Loyola High School, 1972
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A. (history), 1976
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 1980
Law clerk to Judge William R. Buchanan Sr., Baltimore County Circuit Court, 1978 to 1981. Admitted to Maryland Bar, 1981.
- Member, American Bar Association, 1981 to 1987
- Maryland State Bar Association, 1981 to present (member, board of governors, 2002 to 2004)
- Baltimore County Bar Association, 1981 to present (president, 2000 to 2001)
- Baltimore County Bar Foundation (president, 2002)
- International Association of Defense Counsel, 2002 to 2009
- Maryland Defense Counsel, Inc., 1995 to 2009
- Defense Research Institute, 1985 to 2009
- President, Bodie, Nagle, Dolina, Smith and Hobbs, P.A., 1981 to 2009
- Member, Dissenters Law Club, 1988 to present (president, 1994 to 1995)
- Member, Towson Business Association, 1995 to 2009
Other Activities and Awards
- Volunteer, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Inc.
- Member, President's Advisory Council, Stevenson University, 2002 to present
- Delrey Award, United Cerebral Palsy of Central Maryland, 2000
- Super Lawyer, Baltimore Magazine, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Member, Church of the Immaculate Conception (lector, 1989-present; President, Parish Council, 1997)
Biographical material courtesy of the Maryland Manual On-Line.
Revised April 29, 2016