Associate Judge, Baltimore County Circuit Court, 3rd Judicial Circuit, since May 20, 2002.
The Honorable Ruth Jakubowski was born in Watertown, New York, July 25, 1953. She graduated from William Smith College, B.A. cum laude, in 1975, the Maxwell School of Public Administration, Syracuse University, M.P.A., in 1978, and from Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., in 1978.
She was admitted to the Maryland Bar in 1978.
Other Professional Highlights:
- Partner, Robinette, Dugan & Jakubowski, P.A., 1981-98
- Partner, Dugan, Jakubowski, Babij & Spector, LLC, 1998-2002
- Maryland State Bar Association, 1978-
- Chair, alternative dispute resolution committee, 1984-85
- Member, committee on resolution of fee disputes, 2001-02
- Committee on public awareness, 2001-02
- Baltimore City Bar Association, 1978-
- Baltimore County Bar Association, 2000-
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland, 1978-
- Program chair, 1980-81
- Public relations chair, 1981-82
- Membership chair, judicial selections committee, 1984-85, 2001-02
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1980-2002
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association, 1981-2002
- Co-chair, education committee, 2000-02
- Board of governors, 2000-02
- Women's Law Center of Maryland, 2000-
Biographical material courtesy of the Maryland Manual On-Line.
Revised August 29, 2013