Associate Judge, Baltimore County Circuit Court, 3rd Judicial Circuit, since May 20, 2002.
The Honorable Ruth Jakubowski was born in Watertown, New York, July 25, 1953. She graduated from William Smith College, B.A. cum laude, in 1975, the Maxwell School of Public Administration, Syracuse University, M.P.A., in 1978, and from Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., in 1978.
She was admitted to the Maryland Bar in 1978.
Other Professional Highlights:
- Partner, Robinette, Dugan and Jakubowski, P.A., 1981 to 1998
- Partner, Dugan, Jakubowski, Babij and Spector, LLC, 1998 to 2002
- Maryland State Bar Association, 1978 to present
- Chair, alternative dispute resolution committee, 1984 to 1985
- Member, committee on resolution of fee disputes, 2001 to 2002
- Committee on public awareness, 2001 to 2002
- Baltimore City Bar Association, 1978 to present
- Baltimore County Bar Association, 2000 to present
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland, 1978 to present
- Program chair, 1980 to 1981
- Public relations chair, 1981 to 1982
- Membership chair, judicial selections committee, 1984 to 1985, 2001 to 2002
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1980 to 2002
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association, 1981 to 2002
- Co-chair, education committee, 2000 to 2002
- Board of governors, 2000 to 2002
- Women's Law Center of Maryland, 2000 to present
Biographical material courtesy of the Maryland Manual On-Line.
Revised April 28, 2016