Associate Judge, Baltimore County Circuit Court, 3rd Judicial Circuit, since May 28, 2002.
The Honorable Michael Finifter was born in Baltimore, Maryland on August 11, 1957. He graduated from the University of Maryland, B.S. (accounting), B.A. (economics), in 1979, the University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., cum laude, in 1982, and the University of Baltimore, LL.M. (tax), in 1992.
Other Professional Highlights:
- House of Delegates, 1995-2002, representing District 11 (Baltimore County)
- Member, Ways and Means Committee, 1995-2002
- Tax & revenue subcommittee, 1995-96, 1999-2000
- Finance resources subcommittee, 1997-98, 2000-02
- Joint Audit Committee (formerly Budget and Audit Committee), 1995-2002
- Member, Joint Task Force on Payment Schedule of Property Taxes, 1995
- National Conference of State Legislatures (task force on human genetic technologies, 2000-02
- Appointed, Citizens Advisory Panel, Baltimore County, 1993-95
- Task Force on Education Funding Equity, Accountability, and Partnerships, 1997-98
- Adjunct faculty, University of Baltimore School of Law (business law), 1994-
- Past member, Honors Program Advisory Council, Baltimore City Community College
- Member, Maryland State and Baltimore County Bar Associations;
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Charter member, Baltimore Chapter, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation
- Member, Executive Board (treasurer), Reisterstown, Owings Mills, and Glyndon Coordinating Council
- Board member, B'nai B'rith Lodge 3006
- Past member, American Cancer Crusade Committee
- Outstanding Achievement Award, University of Baltimore, 1992
Biographical material courtesy of the Maryland Manual On-Line.
Revised April 4, 2014