Associate Judge, Baltimore County Circuit Court, 3rd Judicial Circuit, since May 28, 2002.
The Honorable Michael Finifter was born in Baltimore, Maryland on August 11, 1957. He graduated from the University of Maryland, B.S. (accounting), B.A. (economics), in 1979, the University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., cum laude, in 1982, and the University of Baltimore, LL.M. (tax), in 1992.
Other Professional Highlights:
- House of Delegates, 1995 to 2002, representing District 11 (Baltimore County)
- Member, Ways and Means Committee, 1995 to 2002
- Tax and revenue subcommittee, 1995 to 1996, 1999 to 2000
- Finance resources subcommittee, 1997 to 1998, 2000 to 2002
- Joint Audit Committee (formerly Budget and Audit Committee), 1995 to 2002
- Member, Joint Task Force on Payment Schedule of Property Taxes, 1995
- National Conference of State Legislatures (task force on human genetic technologies, 2000 to 2002
- Appointed, Citizens Advisory Panel, Baltimore County, 1993 to 1995
- Task Force on Education Funding Equity, Accountability, and Partnerships, 1997 to 1998
- Adjunct faculty, University of Baltimore School of Law (business law), 1994 to present
- Past member, Honors Program Advisory Council, Baltimore City Community College
- Member, Maryland State and Baltimore County Bar Associations;
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Charter member, Baltimore Chapter, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation
- Member, Executive Board (treasurer), Reisterstown, Owings Mills, and Glyndon Coordinating Council
- Board member, B'nai B'rith Lodge 3006
- Past member, American Cancer Crusade Committee
- Outstanding Achievement Award, University of Baltimore, 1992
Biographical material courtesy of the Maryland Manual On-Line.