Associate Judge, Baltimore County Circuit Court, 3rd Judicial Circuit, since February 10, 1999.
The Honorable Kathleen Cox was born in Washington, DC, February 18, 1955. She graduated from University of Notre Dame, B.A., in 1976 and the University of Notre Dame School of Law, J.D., in 1979.
She was admitted to the Maryland Bar in 1979 and the District of Columbia Bar in 1980.
Other Professional Highlights
- Assistant Federal Public Defender for District of Maryland, 1982-85
- Law clerk to Judge James R. Miller, Jr., U.S. District Court for District of Maryland, 1979-81
- Partner in Venable, Baetjer and Howard, LLP, 1989-99
- Maryland State Bar Association (chair, standing committee on gender equality, 2003-)
- Baltimore County Bar Association (chair, bench & bar committees 1995-96)
- Women's Bar Association
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation, 1976
- Family Law Committee, 2001-
- Maryland Judicial Conference
- Coe Board of Review (chair, 1994-)
- Lawyers' Campaign Against Hunger, Maryland Food Committee (executive board, 1994-99)
Biographical material courtesy of the Maryland Manual On-Line.
Revised November 4, 2013