Associate Judge, Baltimore County Circuit Court, 3rd Judicial Circuit, since February 10, 1999.
The Honorable Kathleen Cox was born in Washington, DC, February 18, 1955. She graduated from University of Notre Dame, B.A., in 1976 and the University of Notre Dame School of Law, J.D., in 1979.
She was admitted to the Maryland Bar in 1979 and the District of Columbia Bar in 1980.
Other Professional Highlights
- Assistant Federal Public Defender for District of Maryland, 1982 to 1985
- Law clerk to Judge James R. Miller, Jr., U.S. District Court for District of Maryland, 1979 to 1981
- Partner in Venable, Baetjer and Howard, LLP, 1989 to 1999
- Maryland State Bar Association (chair, standing committee on gender equality, 2003 to present)
- Baltimore County Bar Association (chair, bench & bar committees 1995 to 1996)
- Women's Bar Association
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation, 1976
- Family Law Committee, 2001 to present
- Maryland Judicial Conference
- Coe Board of Review (chair, 1994 to present)
- Lawyers' Campaign Against Hunger, Maryland Food Committee (executive board, 1994 to 1999)
Biographical material courtesy of the Maryland Manual On-Line.
Revised April 28, 2016