Associate Judge, Baltimore County Circuit Court, 3rd Judicial Circuit, since March 27, 2014
The Honorable Colleen Cavanaugh was born in born in Towson, Maryland, August 8, 1968. She graduated from the American University, B.A. (justice and history), 1989 and the University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 1992.
She was admitted to Maryland Bar, 1992.
Other Professional Highlights:
- Judge, Orphans' Court, Baltimore County, December 2006 to March 26, 2014 (chief judge, 2007 to 2009)
- Contract attorney, Kramon and Graham, P.A., 1992 to 1993
- Sole practitioner, 1993 to 1995, 1999 to 2011
- Associate, Scanlan, Rosen and Shar, L.L.C., 1995 to 1999
- Partner, Cavanaugh and Warshaw, P.A., 2011 to 2014
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, 1992 to present
- Member, Conference of Orphans’ Court Judges, 2011 to 2014
- Baltimore County Bar Association, 1993 to present (bench-bar committee, 2006 to 2008)
- Member, National College of Probate Judges, 2006 to present (chair, membership committee, 2008 to present, member, executive board, 2010 to present)
- National Association of Women Judges, 2006 to present
- Maryland Association of the Judges of the Orphans' Courts, 2006 to present
- Trial Judges Association of Maryland, 2006 to present
- Advisory Committee, National Center for State Courts, 2011
- Leadership Development Council, St. Paul's School, 2011
- Board of Directors, Turn Around, Inc., 2013 to present (strategic planning committee, 2013 to present)
- Maryland Super Lawyer, 2012, 2013
Biographical material courtesy of the Maryland Manual On-Line.
Revised April 4,2014