Jan Marshall Alexander
Jan Marshall Alexander, Associate Judge, Baltimore County Circuit Court, since June 9, 2010.
- Associate Judge, District Court of Maryland, District 8, Baltimore County, October 7, 2002 to June 9, 2010.
- Member, Benchbook Revision Oversight Committee, 2003 to 2005.
- Panel Chair, Health Claims Arbitration Office, 1987 to 2002
- Assistant State's Attorney, Baltimore City, 1988 to 2002 (District Court Division, 1988-89; Sex Offense Division, 1989 to 1996; Supervisor of Operations, Central Booking and Intake Center, 1996 to 1997; Trial Supervisor, General Felony Division, 1997 to 1999; Division Chief, Misdemeanor Trial Division, 1999 to 2002).
Born in Baltimore, Maryland, November 9, 1960.
- Attended Randallstown Senior High School
- Morgan State University, B.A. (political science), 1982
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 1985
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Law clerk and bailiff, Orphans' Court, Baltimore City, 1985 to 1987
- Admitted to Maryland Bar, 1987
- Associate Attorney, Fugett & Hitchcock, P.A., 1987 to 1988
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association; Baltimore County Bar Association; Monumental City Bar Association, 1987 to present.
- Member, Maryland State's Attorneys' Association; Trial Table Law Club; Harry A. Cole Judicial Council, 2002 to present.
- Volunteer, Court-Appointed Special Advocates; Family Bereavement Center.
- Member, Olde Mill Estates Growth Association, 1991 to present (member, citizens on patrol committee).
- Little League baseball coach, Liberty Road Recreational Council, 2000 to 2002.
- Parishioner, Shrine of the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 2002 to present (volunteer basketball and soccer coach, Shrine of the Sacred Heart School, 2002 to present).
Biographical material courtesy of the Maryland Manual On-line.
Revised April 28, 2016